Sexual purity is one of the greatest challenges facing parents and young people in today’s culture and recreational dating is Satan’s greatest tool of failure. Too many of us have given up and taken the road of “just use protection.” That is not God’s answer. This series will guide us to God’s pathway for handling tough decisions. I Corinthians 6:18-20 NLT says, Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body. Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.
· Traditions of men make God’s Word of no effect-Mk 7:13
· Nine problems with recreational dating
· Recreational dating vs. righteous dating
· Sexual sin brings consequences
· Four groups of people today
· A Biblical perspective for getting to the marriage altar
1. Plurality of witnesses
2. Betrothal vs. dating
3. Purpose of a dowry
4. Marry believers only
· Teach concepts and principles of marriage
· Sexual perversion robs us of our destiny
Choosing a spouse is second only to choosing the road to salvation through Jesus Christ. We must not yield to the traditions of this world, but follow after God’s ways and seek to enter marriage in purity. Listen and be blessed.