The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. (John 10:10 KJV)
Our Christian walk must begin by hearing and believing on Jesus (John 11:24). That is required for everlasting life. But there is more and that “more” is abundant life. To attain this, we must be equipped and learn to experience God’s will for our lives. Walking in the abundant life does not come without a fight. There is warfare involved in walking in abundance, and faith is the key.
· Three elements of faith: Believing, receiving and standing.
· Four principles of warfare:
1. Our fight is not with God
2. Our fight is not with each other or people in general
3. Our fight is not for victory, but from victory
4. It is a good fight because we win.
· Areas of courage:
1. Moral courage
2. Relational courage
3. Vocational courage
4. Political courage
· In warfare we must be: Sober, vigilant and steadfast (I Peter 5:7)
· Three ways to build courage:
1. Having God’s presence in our lives
2. Through righteousness by faith in Jesus and with boldness
3. Through the law of association.
God has made a way for us to live the abundant life - but it is not going to come without a fight on our part. Our fight is not with people, but with Satan and his spirits of darkness. Get ready to possess your promises!